Frequently asked questions
- Where does the event take place? The Mothership Classic takes place at Squaw Valley ski resort, located in North Lake Tahoe, Ca. Need Directions? Click here.
- When does the event take place? This year the even will be held Sunday, March 26, 2017 with an event kick off time of 8:00am.
- What is the cost to participate? Free - There is no fee for entry but we do encourage participants to gather sponsorship pledges prior to the event to help raise funds for local non-profit organizations.
- Are lift tickets free for the event? No, if you don't have a season pass to Squaw you will need to purchase a daily lift ticket. Unfortunately there are no discounts available for lift tickets.
- How do I sign up to participate? You can register here.
- I don't have any money, how can I participate? The event is free. Reach out to your family and friends for sponsorship, show up, lap all damn day.
- How to I donate to a friend or family member that is participating? Head over to the event page and search for your friend or family member. Click here.
- Do I have to ski bell - to - bell? No. Prizes will be awarded for the most laps but we encourage everyone to participate at the level they feel comfortable.
- How do I get my hands on some old school gear? There will be 20 pairs of skinny skis or old school boards available on a fist come first serve basis on the day of the event. Suggestions for those who want their own gear: Visit garage sales, dig in your uncles' garage, hit up a thrift store or rent some snow blades.
- What about using old dangerous bindings? Don't do this. Take your gear to a shop and get your binding tested professionally.
- Is this a race? Nope, just a day full of friends, fun and hopefully sun but we'll take some fresh pow too.
- Do I need to know anything else? Yes, this year all participants will need to show proof of medical insurance during registration.